WHAT DO WE DO?
Ashby Roots started in the fall of 2018 and is open to all girls’ grades 1st & above to join us for any or all of our events at any time. You are always welcome!
Our purpose is to provide a fun space for girls to gather together to love themselves and build healthy & rewarding relationships with others- through conversation, journaling, crafts, & activity.
During the school year we hold monthly gatherings with different themes and invite girls to sign up for any of the months that work for them. In May we begin our 10-week program called #finishtogether. We ask girls to register for this event and commit to the 10 weeks where we have fun & encourage each other while working toward the goal of participating in and #finishtogether the Ashby Appreciation Days 5k in July. In 2019 we had 22 girls signed up for our 10-week program!
In 2020 our event looked different, though we still had 22 girls sign up and have fun during a 5-week program where we met weekly for activity & conversation together. Each girl was given a packet to take home with journaling & a craft each week.
A few ways we have participated in and given back to the community include:
- Volunteering at the Red, White, & Blue Parade
- Helping the Gardening Club plant flowers in the spring
- Volunteering to lead the ornament craft table at Santa Days
- Assisted the Ashby Lions Club with welcoming & handing out snacks to the MN bike trail group passing traveling through Ashby
- Sharing encouraging message around town, gratitude rocks, messages w/sidewalk chalk
- Hosting a Christmas caroling event & visiting the Ashby Living Center
- Posting an “Ashby Roots” Thankful Tree for community members to add things they are thankful for around Thanksgiving time
- Thanking our farmers with treats at the Ashby Elevator during harvest
Our goal is to have Ashby Roots events FREE for girls (grades 1st & above) to participate.
All monies fundraised goes directly back to the girls and supplies for the monthly events & 10-week program.